I love life!

Hi, I am Jo and this is my blog about my life. Here you will find entries on cooking, gardening, food safety and the interesting things happening in my search for an inexpensive and healthy way of living. My home is located in North Florida and I am relearning how to take care of myself at almost 50. This is the deep South so my garden and season may be a bit different than yours. I look forward to seeing what you have to say as time passes. Read on and have a beautiful day!
Jo

Sunday, June 26, 2011

Why a blog and why now?

Today while reading a favorite blog I wanted to post a comment. That comment led me here to blogger and the decision to start a blog. Blogging is something others have suggested for me to try in the past thus it was not exactly a spur of the moment decision.  Though I do tend toward spur of the moment decisions.

Who am I and why would people say I should write a blog? Well, I am a married, female, 40 something living in SW Florida. My life has been full of interesting as well as a lot of not so interesting times along the way. Leaving home at 17 and joining the Marine Corps was only the begining - I have been a busser, a line cook, a server, a General Manager, a Garde Manger Chef, a F&B Manager, a college instructor and now a Food Safety Inspector.  Really and truly, I am now the dreaded Health Inspector ( insert Larry the Cable Guy joke here).

My blog will be about striving towards a better life, a simpler life and a life full of love. Gardening, cooking, simple sewing, as well as a little yoga may all appear on the blog. Knowing my quirkiness I am sure there will be a rant or two about food safety thrown in for good measure but due to privacy issues no names of facilities or locations can ever be disclosed.

Maybe someone will like my blog or maybe it could just be a place for me to express who I am at any given moment. Either way I hope you stop by and enjoy the visit.    

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comments are always appreciated and I love to hear what you think. Especially my overseas reader! Have a great day!