I love food!

Hi, I am Jo and this is my blog about my life. Here you will find entries on cooking, gardening, food safety and the interesting things happening in my search for a frugal way of living. My home is located in South Florida and I live with my husband in a family neighborhood. This is the sub tropics so my garden and season may be a bit different than yours. I look forward to seeing what you have to say as time passes. Read on and have a beautiful day!
Jo

Sunday, September 25, 2011

Fruits of the Garden!!!


Today the barbadoes cherry tree was awash in red and after a brief rainfall I went out and picked all that I could reach. Now I have a couple of pounds of fresh cherries.

Soon to be cherry jam! YUM!

Limes are a gift from the gods great for marinades, a slice in a beer or a base for a margarita.

Avocado's to be ripened and made into a buttery chunky guacamole laced with the aforementioned limes and some cilantro. Heavenly.

Between that and the 20 or so small plants I transplanted into larger pots we are set for a while.

Have a lovely day!

2 comments:

  1. Yum-O!

    I don't get avocado very often, but when I do I like to chop it roughly, add fresh lime juice, roughly chopped tomato and sweet onion. Mmmmmm.

    ReplyDelete
  2. MMMMMM- I am with you Ilene :)

    ReplyDelete

Your comments are always appreciated and I love to hear what you think. Especially my overseas reader! Have a great day!