I love life!

Hi, I am Jo and this is my blog about my life. Here you will find entries on cooking, gardening, food safety and the interesting things happening in my search for an inexpensive and healthy way of living. My home is located in North Florida and I am relearning how to take care of myself at almost 50. This is the deep South so my garden and season may be a bit different than yours. I look forward to seeing what you have to say as time passes. Read on and have a beautiful day!
Jo

Saturday, February 13, 2016

Asthma with Bronchitis

This is what I have along with my morning coffee and pb smoothie to get me going. Visuals help some people understand more than words. It is hard to get the point across sometimes. So for all you visual readers, here you go!
On the plate we have 2 different types of steroid inhalers, albuterol for the nebulizer, prednisone, montelukast, Tessalon (for cough), Allegra and Rhinocort nasal spray. I accidentally left in the bp medicine. The steroids do jack up bp and I didn't have problems til recently. Notice 3 if the meds are allergy meds due to the asthma being "allergic asthma".
The cough medicine and the prednisone are temporary the others are daily. The albuterol is dependent on the asthma symptoms.
All of this is followed by a steaming hot bath or shower. After all that I usually am ok and functional- provided I don't have Bronchitis or an exacerbation.
So there is the morning! Hope everyone has a great day. Off to pick up groceries (don't have to get out of car ). Then back to couch. Happy Saturday!

1 comment:

Your comments are always appreciated and I love to hear what you think. Especially my overseas reader! Have a great day!