I love life!

Hi, I am Jo and this is my blog about my life. Here you will find entries on cooking, gardening, food safety and the interesting things happening in my search for an inexpensive and healthy way of living. My home is located in North Florida and I am relearning how to take care of myself at almost 50. This is the deep South so my garden and season may be a bit different than yours. I look forward to seeing what you have to say as time passes. Read on and have a beautiful day!
Jo

Friday, November 13, 2015

Breakfast for dinner ....again.

Bacon...mmmmm, potatoes, onions and peppers all cooking in the bacon fat.
Light and flufy frittatta with fresh spinach and a hint of nutmeg just out of the oven.

 
Rob is working late and my plan for a romantic dinner for two fell flat due to the work schedule of an executive chef at a private club. I had even splurged BIG on grass fed steaks and wine. He only has a few days of freedom before the onslaught of opening a new facility and snowbird season and I had hoped for a nice dinner together. Alas-the wine is waiting and dinner for tonight is shelved,and will be prepared tomorrow when he is home for his last real weekend evening of freedom. Since the dreaded call came at the last minute it took pulling bacon, cheese, peppers and onions from the freezer along with the addition of eggs, a potato, spinach and nutmeg to round everything out.  

For a last minute meal it was amazing! Unfortunately, I stink at remembering ingredients used in recipes and also tend to misremember amounts and cooking temperatures. Sadly, my foods are thrown together and Chef Victor forgive me, but I really don't taste much as well. (Chef Victor was an amazing Culinary Instructor at Johnson and Wales while I was a student. He was unbelievable and makes the TV chef's like Ramsey look like wussies.) Normally, my cooking turns out well but there have been a few frightening instances that were questionable at best.  

Next week begins Jo's Friday night dinners for one and evening projects to keep occupied. Maybe I will be sewing but more likely baking or canning to keep occupied. Who knows? There is always a lot that can be done. 

Happy Friday!!!


  

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comments are always appreciated and I love to hear what you think. Especially my overseas reader! Have a great day!